The Oakland Raiders and cornerback Taiwan Jones agreed to a three year contract extension today. Jones had one year left on his rookie contract and his now locked up for the next four seasons. The Raiders do not release the financial terms of the deal.
The Raiders took Jones in the fourth round of the 2011 NFL Draft as a running back. Last season they moved him to cornerback. He is most valuable to the Raiders as a special teams ace. The last two seasons, Jones has led the Raiders special teams units. Last season he had 14 tackles and two forced fumbles.
Despite the position switch, Jones has been a very solid contributor for the Raiders. Because of injuries last year, Jones moved back to running back and carried five times for 23 yards. His versatility is a nice attribute. He will be worked more into the defensive backfield with the extension, but still remains a great special teams option. He led the Raiders with 26 kickoff returns and averaged a team best 24 yards per return.
- Oakland Raiders Ink FB Marcel Reece to 3 Year Contract Extension and Friday Injury Notes
- Oakland Raiders and Assistant Coach Tony Sparano Agree to New Two Year Deal
- Oakland Raiders Defensive Coordinator Jason Tarver Signs New Contract
- Oakland Raiders FB Marcel Reece Named to Pro Bowl
- Oakland Raiders Defense, Running Game Paves Way in 19-9 Win Over Jacksonville Jaguars
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18l6