Even though the Oakland Raiders are a long way from the Super Bowl, their name still rings out. During the Super Bowl Media Day, the Oakland Raiders and safety Charles Woodson were mentioned during the session.
In the first instance, Denver Broncos cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was responding to Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman claim he was the best in the game.
“He has been playing well, but I tell myself anytime you have a Champ Bailey, Asante Samuel, Charles Woodson in the game you can't feel you are the best right now,” Rodgers-Cromartie said. “As good as you are, those guys have been doing it.”
“I thought he was very solid and could contribute and I told him so,” McKenzie said at his year end meeting with the press. “I told I would like to talk about getting him back here.”
“We played the Raiders the last week of the season and at halftime they were honoring the 1983 Raiders Super Bowl champs,” Manning said. “It really impacted our team. Coach Fox made a point that if we were to win it, you would always have that connection.”
- Oakland Raiders Wednesday Injury Report: Charles Woodson Out, Darren McFadden Limited
- Oakland Raiders Darren McFadden and Charles Woodson Probable for Sunday
- FightClub.com, Now the Official Fantasy Football Game of Sports Media 101; Sign-Up Free, Win Big
- Oakland Raiders FB Marcel Reece Named to Pro Bowl
- Could Sammy Watkins’ Huge Orange Bowl Put Him on Oakland Raiders Draft Radar?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17g9